Effective on: 20 September 2019
Pactly is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms in our Office Add-In (the “Service”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Service, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem with our Service;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
- details of your usage of our Service and the resources that you access.
- We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
Uses made of the informationThe purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside Singapore include:
- ensuring that content from our Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- providing you with alerts, newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or any of our affiliates in or outside Singapore;
- researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/events/forums;
- purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
Disclosure of your information
- Unless expressly authorised by you, we will keep your personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside Singapore.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files and device identifiers and location, with third-party organizations that help us provide our service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your device or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Service. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Service or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Service when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Service works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Service. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Service, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Service and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- We may use the following third-party web analytic services on the Service. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use the Service. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate the use of the Service. These analytic services may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the marketing materials of their own advertising network.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We may hold your data on servers in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and any other territories as we see fit from time to time. We may also transfer your data to our overseas offices or to any people listed in Clause 3 above, who may be located in or outside of Singapore.
Your consent and rights
- By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your information and other activities as outlined in this policy and in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
- You have the right to object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes and we shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your objection to us. Please send requests for such objections, access to data, correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held, questions or complaints to:
Pactly Private Limited
- In the event that a User wishes to access or amend his or her personal information and data, the Company may request him or her to provide personal details in order to verify and confirm his or her identity.
Governing law and jurisdiction